A lover of Musical Theatre and all things Barbra Streisand, Trish Causey is a singer and award-winning composer in the Broadway style. She is the creator, host, and producer of an online radio show, Musical Theatre Talk with Trish Causey, and is releasing her vocal exercises CD in September 2011. Her book on a truly important theatre topic (secret for now!) will be out in 2012.
Trish has been singin' and hoofin' since the age of 2, adding ballet and piano at 7, theatrical performing at 15, and proper voice lessons at 16.
As the Guide for Theatre, About.com, Trish covers Broadway and national tours, with frequent blogs, articles, and critical reviews of productions and cast albums.
Creator/Host/Producer - "Musical Theatre Talk with Trish Causey,” online radio show featuring Broadway stars, creative teams, and top vocal coaches.
Private teacher/workshop presenter - instruct individuals, groups, and school students on a variety of topics including voice technique, vocal health, diction, scene study, song interpretation, audition prep, and make-up; also vocal coach for clients entering competitions, pageants, and college auditions.
Writer/composer & Freelance writer - creator of musical stage works that earned $9,000 in grants/fellowhips in 2008, as well as having written for About.com, TheatreFace.com, and Stage Directions Magazine.
Pilates & Yoga - certified through NESTA (April 2005), taught 7 - 8 group classes per week in Water Aerobics and Pilates/Yoga; use Pilates and yoga in voice lessons for breathing, alignment, support, and reducing stress.
Awards & Recognition:
- Selected Artist: Teaching Artist Workshop, Level II, Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (10/10)
- Featured Artist: South Arts' Southern Artistry (07/10)
- Featured Playwright: VIII International Women Playwrights Conference, Mumbai, India (11/09)
- Featured Artist: Southern Breeze Magazine (Fall 2009)
- Featured Artist: Fund for Women Arts (07/09)
- Selected Artist: Teaching Artist Workshop, Level I, by the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (10/08)
- Featured Artist: listing on South Arts' Southern Artistry, for Opera/Musical Theatre (07/08)
- Grant Recipient: $5,000 Artist Business Recovery Grant post-Hurricane Katrina, MAC/NEG (07/08)
- Featured Artist: Judged & accepted for listing on state Artist Roster (06/08)
- Fellowship: $4,000 Artist Fellowship in Music Composition, MAC/NEA (06/08)
- Grand Prize-winning production: Actor/Singer, Ch'unchon International Theatre Festival, South Korea (06/93)
- Honorable Mention: Actor/Singer, SETC, Orlando, FL (03/93)
From Trish Causey:
Sidelined by the effects of Hurricane Katrina, Trish started an online radio show, "Musical Theatre Talk with Trish Causey," on which she interviews Broadway stars, teachers, and movers-and-shakers. Most recently, she began holding in-person interviews at the historic Algonquin Hotel in the heart of the Broadway theatre district.
Trish teaches private lessons and workshops in Vocal Technique, Scene Study, Stage Make-Up, and Audition Preparation, plus Accent Modification and Career Consultation. She is currently writing a book on the theatre that will be published in 2012.